Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Beaters"

I love beat up old cars. I think they're beautiful and have character. You're not going to find me relentlessly chasing after the newest, "bestest", fasted model of so-and-so car. No sir.

Car featured above... It moves around due to street cleaning restrictions so it does work.. somewhat! This gives me hope. I want to find a car in a field, behind a shed, in a barn... abandonned. I want to save it.

I found this book called "The Hemi in the Barn" by Tom Cotter. It is a compilation of stories he's collected about "automotive archeology", or how people come across these fantastic vehicles in forgotten locations and whatnot. That's the kind of life I'd like to have. If you share that passion, read the book and lets go find cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment